Saturday, September 26, 2009

camp is on!

The bus showed up yesterday morning, and since then it's been non-stop camp action. They have so much energy it's crazy. The boys in my cabin stayed up until well past 11 chatting and being noisy boys -- and somewhere during that process I threatened to wake them up early the next morning if they wouldn't go to sleep. But that didn't work out at all because they woke up (all of them) at just after 6am.

And I think I'm learning that Xhosa is a very loud language. Aside from all the clicks and tones, the people that speak it are just very verbal and like to talk about things. The male facilitators that were sleeping in my cabin the night before seemed to be like this. They stayed up watching music videos and talking about... basically anything... until about 4am Thursday night. So all that said, this week is going to be an exercise in staying energized and staying awake!

Camp food is great. I just had to throw that in there. There's just something about it that I love. Even in fI have to spend two hours washing every single cup and plate-holder that we used for dinner.

And, well, the kids are on an unorgaized free time right now. Most of my guys (we have 6 'rhinos' + Mike (the smaller) + 2 facilitators) are out playing soccer. Something makes me think my guys could play soccer until the end of time. They just don't get tired! Or maybe I'm just getting old :)

So pray for energy, and for connections with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment