Monday, September 28, 2009

halfway

Well, the first camp ended today. And we're pretty tired, so we'll update more later. (Hopefully I'll convince Brittany to write something -- but she's asleep right now).

And it finished great. Nobody got seriously injured, the kids had fun, and more importantly, the story of God's unconditional love was well received this morning. I did that talk. It was a little intimidating when I signed up for it a few weeks ago, but with all the practicing that I did it wasn't so bad. Even good. Which is cool, because it's quite plainly God working through me to speak into these kids lives. I used an analogy of a pot -- which breaks to pieces because of sin. And though it is broken, it still belongs to and is loved by its creator. Good stuff.

And as Dennis mentioned to us before we left, the first group of facilitators was really, really great. They were great with the kids, were nice enough to interpret for us, and were good role models for the kids. I just wish they would have gone to bed earlier :)

But camp is not about rest. That's what the days between camp are for. And that's what i'm going to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment